Saturday, April 29, 2:30 – 4:30 p.m., Orcas Animal Shelter
— from Mariann Carrasco —
A demonstration of how animal acupressure works on our dogs, cats, and horses will be given by Mariann Carrasco of Blue Island Animal Acupressure, LLC on Saturday Apr. 29 from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. at the Orcas Island Animal Shelter.
Acupressure is just like Acupuncture only using touch instead of needles and is based on Traditional Chinese Medicine. The goal of practicing acupressure is to restore, replenish, and maintain the natural harmony and balance needed in animal and human bodies to create optimal health and well-being.
There are 12 major meridians that run along the surface of the body that can be accessed at key points. These points, as well as the meridians, can get blocked due to external and internal pathogens, leading to illness and disease if left untreated. By clearing these key points with touch, the Qi will commence flowing, clearing the meridians and assisting in eliminating health issues.
Conventional western and eastern medicines’ scientific studies and clinical observation have proven that acupressure can:
- Relieve muscle spasms
- Build the immune system
- Benefit chronic health issues
- Strengthen muscles, tendons, joints, and bones
- Balance energy to optimize the body’s natural ability to heal
- Release natural cortisone to reduce swelling and inflammation
- Release endorphins necessary to increase energy or relieve pain
- Enhance mental clarity and calm required for focus in training and performance
- Resolve injuries more readily by increasing the blood supply and removing toxins
Come see what acupressure is all about and how it may be able to help your animal. No need to bring your animal. There will be a demonstration dog available to “show how it’s done”. lease contact Mariann at 360-303-3608 or firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP or questions. The demo is free.