- This event has passed.
Free Doe Bay Concert
May 26 @ 3:00 pm
Sunday, May 26, 3 p.m., Doe Bay Resort— from Judy Whiting — All islanders and guests are invited to the big concert on the Doe Bay Resort main stage this Sunday, May 26, at 3 p.m. when the Seattle Rock Orchestra will perform their free high-energy show featuring vocalists, orchestra, band, and rock musicians. It’s the fifth annual Memorial Day weekend concert at Doe Bay Resort, and it’s the Resort’s gift to the community — a free concert in the meadow on a sunny afternoon. Members of the Orcas Island Community Band, the Islands Sinfonia and others have been blended in to the ensemble for the second year. It’s a show for young and old alike, this year featuring a variety of tunes that will cover artists such as the Beach Boys, ABBA, Adele, Sia, Camila Cabello, Cyndi Lauper, Led Zeppelin and others. As a special treat this year, the concert will feature eight vocalists. In addition to the big Sunday show, Saturday evening small ensembles from SRO will play at Doe Bay Cafe. “Expect many spontaneous, improvised performances, including some unusual offerings,” says SRO founder and artistic director Scott Teske. SRO has been making music in the Seattle area for more than a decade. Here’s the line up for the rest of the weekend.
- Doe Bay Café: On both Friday and Saturday evening, there will be small ensemble groups featured in or outside of the Café
- Doe Bay Garden Stage: On Sunday at 3pm, join us for the large ensemble performance when local musicians will join in the fun. Bring a lawn chair or blanket and a friend! Dancing to the performance is encouraged.
- Yoga Studio: Dance Party with DJ Bruce Pavitt and DJ Care Sunday night
- Doe Bay Spa: There will be two Spa performances this year
- Meditation Point: A farewell serenade on the waterfront Sunday at noon
- Potential for other unexpected, spontaneous, or improvised performances
NOTE: Click on an event to see additional details
(full description, location, phone number, address, etc).
Mini-Calendar (smart phones, some tablets): Click on Date with a dot to see events on that date. (Only dates with dots have events.)
SMART PHONES and TABLET USERS: We recommend viewing this page with horizontal screen